2018/11/30

Critical Reflection

Fig 1:Students and Prof of Group 6


Critical Reflection 1.1


At the start of this module, I wrote that I want to refine public speaking and technical report writing skills. Through the technical report assignment, I was able to improve both skills.

It was a joy attending professor Blackstone’s classes as he conducted the classes with passion and student interaction. I vividly remember professor told us that he was not a “grammar nerd” when he was young, he encouraged us that via daily practices we can become “grammar nerd” as well. Since young, I had been discriminated by people commented that I come from Chinese speaking family background my English is poor, and I can never improve on that. I am thankful for professor’s wise words and the constant support from my classmates, who corrected my mistakes in grammar and sentence structures, has boost my confidence in writing and speaking English language.

This module has reminded me that learning to improve English grammar and vocabulary is a lifelong journey, and I am certain that this effective communications module has benefited me along this journey. I will keep in mind the skills I have learnt and practice it in daily life.


Critical Reflection 1.2

One difficulty my group faced is that my group’s slides were not consistent in style, leading to a group presentation that looked like four individuals presenting separately. This made me realized that mutual agreement and coordination within the group ensures consistency, which leads to a good presentation.
Another difficulty my group faced is we are unable to retrieve the data information we need from the facility management team. We need to present some information based on observation and the survey results. Feedback we received from the presentation showcase was that some of the solutions are not economically practical. However, our group feel that the climate change is a looming thread, and money is important, but it is unable to sustain the blue sea, green forest and clear air that supports life on earth.
I am grateful to be part of this group, everyone in this group are helpful and supportive. With all the feedback back given to me I will continue to improve. Thank you.  
Blogs I have commented on: 
Guyvan, Hafizah and Shien Hui

1 comment:

  1. Dear Wendy,

    You’ve done a very good job in these two final reflection focal points, providing specific details about your module, project and presentation experience. I like how you found my anecdote about not being a grammar nerd inspirational. You also made the great effort for presenting for the showcase, and you have shown a truly positive attitude toward developing your skills within the module in general. I really appreciate all the hard work!

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Revised Summary of “4 Ways to Demolish a Building” and Reader Response draft 3

In the article   “4 Ways to Demolish a Building”, Rodriguez (2018) stated that ways of demolishing a building depend on the land area, bui...