2018/12/02

Revised self-introduction


Subject: Revised self-introduction

Dear Prof Blackstone, 

My name is Wendy Sun Yiwen, and I am writing to introduce myself. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic with a diploma in Environment Management and Water Technology. After graduation, I worked in the build environment sector for one year and eventually made the decision to further my studies in sustainable infrastructure engineering (building services) program.

Outgoing is my forte, I have no difficulties starting a conversation with anyone. I met many people from around the world through different international camps. It is much harder to communicate with a person that does not have much English exposure. I overcame those obstacles by using sign language and online language translator. After hours of lessons and self-study, I learned to communicate fluently in Korean and write in Hangul.

My weakness in communication is my lack of exposure to English language. I come from a Chinese speaking background, I have trouble speaking fluent English. During conversations I struggled to find the right words to express my intention. Feeling of frustration builds up in me whenever I need to check online dictionary for the right words to utilize. I worked at my weakness by exposing myself to English-speaking shows, reading more English books as well as speaking more English language.

Report writing, and presentation are crucial skills that I need to sharpen in this module. I aim to arrange my sentences structure to be clear and concise. I want to enrich my vocabulary to improve in report writing. I am doing the English quest and increase daily time for reading to improve my English language.

Effective communication is an essential skill to prepare us for the working environment. I look forward to achieving more in your class.

Yours sincerely,
Wendy Sun 
SIE2018 Seminar Group 6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revised Summary of “4 Ways to Demolish a Building” and Reader Response draft 3

In the article   “4 Ways to Demolish a Building”, Rodriguez (2018) stated that ways of demolishing a building depend on the land area, bui...